Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Spring Fever

Spring is in the air.  It's supposed to be pretty nice out today.  Relatively speaking, of course.  It's supposed to hit the lower 50's today.  Back to some cooler temperatures for the next couple days, but today is sure to give many of us Minnesotans who have been cooped up for the winter a massive dose of spring fever.

Early Spring has that smell--a combination of melting snow, wet earth, and dry leaves.  The birds start chirping again.  The sun actually starts to feel warm.  Stores start putting out the lawn and garden stuff again.  It's that promise of things coming to life again, the hope that we're almost able to pack away the coats and hats again, that gives me the giddies.  My hubby is even worse than me--he starts getting the itch to go to the garden centers before the snow is completely gone or the ground is even thawed.  I just feel like opening the windows and cleaning.  Maybe that's what I'll do today...

There's so much to be cheerful about this month.  My sister's birthday is in March.  Two of my nephews have birthdays in March.  St. Patrick's Day is in March, and I can't help but wonder why on that day, beer tastes better green?  The kids have spring conferences, which means the end of the year is within sight.  They get their spring pictures taken.  Amazing how much they change in only 6 months.  The Hunger Games movie comes out this month.  And best of all, this year my little family is going on a trip!  Yahoo!  I cannot wait.

So off to the treadmill I go.  I'm still going strong, and now I have the extra motivation of cropped pants and short sleeves in my near future.  And soon I'm going to be in the land of sun and palm trees, so I guess I need to paint my toenails too!

Get outside today, people.  Breathe the fresh air, let the sun shine on your face.

1 comment:

  1. I'm with Todd. Garden centers!!!!!!!!!

    ~Sister

    ReplyDelete