Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Random Stuff

My brother was on the news last night!  About his badass rundown of the purse snatcher!  His story was picked up off the police reports by several tv stations, and he had a reporter come out to his house and interview him!  I think later today I'll go over there and see if he'll give me an autograph.  The list of celebrities that I know is rather short, so I'll take what I can get.  It was very exciting, though.  I dvr'd it (the spellcheck picks that one up--I wonder when the dictionary will add "dvr" as a verb) so the kids could see it this morning, and I just showed it to them.  You can see it here.  Very fun.

Busy couple days around here lately.  I got new glasses (or "googly eyes", as SIL2 and I call them), and I luuurrrve them.  They are super comfy on my face, they don't slide down my nose at all, and they're a bit larger lenses so I don't necessarily see so much of the frame.  This is what they look like:

I know, cute, right?  I have to give a shout out to the Spectacle Shoppe.  I could have stayed in there all day trying on glasses.  They have the most amazing selection of vintage frames, and tons of unique designer ones, as well as their own line.  I loved so many of them, and I had this ADORABLE lady helping me.  She looked sort of like Betty Page with a pierced nose and lip.  She was super cute and extremely helpful.  We finally chose this frame, and I couldn't be happier.  I also know that if I wouldn't have had her with me, I never would have picked these on my own.  And I'm sure I wouldn't be as satisfied.  Yay!  And they give you chocolates with your specs!  Another yay!

Hubby and I are making major progress on Project Basement.  The carpet is picked out, and in under two weeks I'm sure the room will be completely done.  I'll post more pics soon, since I know you're all DYING to see them.  Ha!  We still need to figure out the furniture, but hopefully we'll do that rather quickly.  The entrance into the room is rather small, though, so we'll have to be careful about what couch we pick out.  Wouldn't it be awful to find a perfect couch, bring it home, and be unable to get it in the room?  I can totally see that happening to us.  But it's coming together one way or another.  Paint colors are picked out, and it's going to be awesome down there.  I can't wait to invite a couple of the boys' friends over for a sleepover!

Mom's birthday is this weekend, and we're having her over for dinner and a movie.  It will be so nice to just hang out.  I'm going to cook for her, so I gave her a list of the four meals (sad) that are no-fail for me, and she picked one of my favorites.  I'm also going to bake her a cake, but she doesn't know that yet.  So I hope she's not reading this.  If you are, Mom, act surprised on Saturday!  But I'm looking forward to it.  I do have to clean up a bit, though.  As usual.  And I'll have the kids pick out a movie for us all to watch, and have A make popcorn.  Fun!

Well, time to go.  I have to take the kids and the Freddy out to the bus stop, and then change into my grubbies to keep working on the basement.  Changing into my grubbies means putting on yoga pants and a bra.  Instead of jammies.  I am a picture of glamour.  My hubby is a very lucky man.

No comments:

Post a Comment