Thursday, February 23, 2012

Back on Track

Holy cow I just did a session on the treadmill!  Yay me!  And yay hubby for getting the thing running again!  It has been sitting sad, lonely, and broken in our basement for years.  Now that we have the new room down there, we moved it in there and hubby figured out what was wrong with it, ordered a part, and fixed it last night!  Woohoo!

So this morning I was so excited to get the kids on the bus.  Before the bus came, I ran upstairs and put on my sweats, the right kind of socks (not slippers), and a sports bra.  I was relieved that I could still wriggle into one.  Phew!  Then after the bus left Freddy and I hurried back in the house where I put my tennis shoes on, got some water, and went down to get myself back on track.  I turned on the TV and started up!  I decided that what I would do to get myself going was to pick out a series I hadn't watched before that was an hour long show, and start watching, so I picked Parenthood (one of my favorite movies, so...).  They have them all on Netflix.

People, it was awesome!!!!  It feels so great to just absorb into a TV show with no commercials, that helps you forget that you're working out.  The 45 minutes that it takes to play an episode is the perfect length of time, and now I'm looking forward to my next episode!  I decided that I won't allow myself to watch that show unless I'm on the treadmill, and when that one's done, I'll pick another series.  I'm going to make my passion for television work for me and my larger-than-it-should-be ass.

It was pretty funny for the first few minutes watching Freddy freak out about the treadmill.  He runs around in circles, running up to the treadmill and then running away, with crazy eyes.  He does the same thing to the vacuum.  Hopefully he'll get used to it and won't feel like doing that anymore.

My goal is to do this at least once a day, and maybe sometimes once in the morning and once in the evening!  Hopefully things will start falling into place for me--I never feel like making as bad food choices after I've worked out, since I don't want to waste my hard work.

I'm taking my brother out to lunch today to celebrate his birthday.  I'd better go de-stinkify.

1 comment: