Sunday, August 28, 2011

No Pain, No Gain

Our house is still in chaos, especially the upstairs that still looks like an episode of Hoarders.  The closet job is still looming.  Of course I should have expected that.  Yesterday was the big Fair day.  As planned, the hubby arrived home with the sunrise and woke us up to go.  In the stumbling around to get ready, I dropped a stepladder.  On my toe.  Don't ask how, I'm sure it was an incredibly stupid move of some kind on my part, but it landed DIRECTLY on my toe.  A little one.  Not the littlest, but the next one.  It hurt.  SO.  BAD.  Holy cow.  Nothing but death was going to keep me from my Fair, though, so I had to very quietly use lots and lots of swear words, put a sock on and move on.

So off we go to the Fair.  My cute little family.  Hubby has not slept, and I'm not sure how I'll walk, but that's neither here nor there.  It was a perfect day for the Fair, and the crowd was HUGE.  I got my coffee, we got Pronto Pups, saw the horses--it was Draft day for the horses, so that's always cool--rode the trolley, and walked.  And walked.  And walked.  I was impressed with my commitment to ignore the pain.  But at one point I simply had to assess the damage.  Here's the poor toe.
Ow.

And it hurts even more this morning.  Maybe because I'm not looking forward to going to the Fair.  Oh well.  Poor, poor, pitiful me.  And my poor baby J is so worried about his old mom.  Kids are so sweet.

Besides the stupid toe, the Fair was still great, and now I think I need to go again this year.  We just were  too beat down to do (eat) everything we wanted to.  Maybe next weekend...

2 comments:

  1. That is commitment! A Saturday AND a damaged toe. J may be worried about his mom, but deep down he's proud and impressed. "My mom's a bad-aXX!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouchie!!!! Happy you still went and had fun!! :)

    ReplyDelete