Wednesday, November 9, 2011

At Least I Remember to Brush my Teeth

I think there's something wrong with me.  Normally, I'm relatively organized, and I try to be ahead of the game.  But ever since my dad was put in hospice, and now after his passing, I just can't seem to get it together.

Last month was A's birthday.  I put the wrong date on the invitations I sent out (yes, I still do old-fashioned invitations).  I had to then send out an e-mail and let everyone one know that I was off by a week.  Now this weekend is J's birthday party and I have had to adjust the date and time several times.  Once because I actually forgot that hubby and I had tickets to the Gopher vs. Badger football game (in my normal brain I would NEVER forget something as awesome as that), so not only did I have to change the date, but I had to line up my mom to come over and hang out with the kiddos.  Then I had to change the time, because I forgot J is going to one of his best buddy's birthday party.

Also, these are just the birthday parties we have for the family.  I haven't even planned the kids' "friend" birthday party yet, where they invite buddies from school.  So I have to do that, and it's going to have to be later in the season, possibly the first weekend of December.  Wow.

There's much planning to do for the big Thanksgiving bonanza, and I haven't started that yet.

I know this may not seem like a big deal, but it's a signal that something's going on in my brain.  I am a planner, and a major list-maker.  I haven't even started making my lists!

This does not bode well for the holiday season.  I am giddy with excitement at the upcoming festivities, and the decorating opportunities, photo ops, and music and movies, but I'm so scatterbrained!  I have GOT to get it together.  My house is a wreck, and I have a party this weekend.  So what am I doing today?  Going out with my mom.  I am hoping to get a lot done tomorrow.

So what is wrong with me?  How do I get myself back?  Maybe I need to start exercising in the morning, get my brain straight.

People, I haven't even brought out the holiday glitter pens yet.  HELP!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, don't over-think yourself too much! Remember: Hakuna Matata (it means no worries)! BTW, catchy title...see, if you reserve some time to brush your teeth, your routine won't get ruined at all. Just focus on what you do best, mmkay?

    ReplyDelete