Monday, November 7, 2011

Laughing

Laughter is the best medicine, and  I haven't been laughing enough lately.  Last night I went out with SIL2 and SIL3 to celebrate (belated) SIL3's birthday.  There was a lot of giggling and several solid belly laughs, and it felt so good.  When I left, I realized it had been a while since I'd really used the laughing muscles.

We have all had those times where we laugh uncontrollably.  Where you have tears in your eyes, your face hurts, your stomach is cramping, and it's almost torture, but it's an amazing release.  That's the kind of laugh I'm looking for.  I have cried quite a bit in the last couple months, and that's also a release and therapeutic and all that, but now I need the laughter.  And I was thankful for the reminder last night.

I remember as a kid having these laughing fits where I couldn't stop laughing.  My family would just be either staring at me with an almost concerned look on their face, laughing at me, or just going about their business while I tried to compose myself.  The more I would try to stop, the worse it would get.  It was seriously painful, but so great at the same time.  I haven't done that it WAY too long.  I'm hoping we all get a chance while we're on our little Thanksgiving adventure this year.

Now I need some more reasons to laugh.  We did decide last night that we should get together more often.  We've said that before, though, and life gets away from us.  All of a sudden it's been a year since we all hung out without the kids.  So how can we make it happen?  I'm thinking of just designating a time.  Since last night was the first Sunday of the month, that's what I'm going to do.  So if you're reading this, SIL's, Are we on for December 4th?  And I think SIL1 should join us.  Ladies night, every first Sunday of the month.  There.  Done.  I'll see you there, and I think we should take turns picking the place.  I'll pick the next one.  Yay!

I'm going to have to try to remember some of my favorite funny movies or shows over the next couple days for a more immediate hit.  Hubby and I love a good funny movie.  So help me out--what are some movies that you guys have seen that make you do the silent or snorting laugh?  The way hubby does the honking laugh during the hotel scene in Borat.  Or the way I laugh  when the naked guy bounces out of the trunk of the car in the Hangover.  Or what books are out there that are actually funny?  Come on, people, help a girl out.


Today is going to be a good day.  I think I'm going to clean out the refrigerator.  I know that doesn't sound that fun, but it should be very satisfying.  And just for full disclosure:  I will be listening to Christmas music while I do it.  Oh, yeah.  And I'll be singing along loudly, too.  My poor hubby.  I hope for his sake he has some errands to run or some work to do outside.


And in the meantime, here's some awesome funny stuff:

Yummy Ryan
He's Harry.

No comments:

Post a Comment