Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Bring it On!

My weather guy is telling my it's FINALLY going to start getting colder.  Sheesh!  My halls are all decked now, and I need some snow!  We live in Minnesota!  I have expectations.  I not only expect a white Christmas, I prefer a white Thanksgiving.  It's not necessary, but it would be nice . . .  My nephew is a ski-er (skier?  he skis?)  He's on the high school ski team (much better).  He needs his snow to get himself back in shape!  They can't even make snow on the hill unless it's cold enough, so come on!

So I'm continuing the process of decking my halls.  It's a huge job.  I have kind of a lot of Christmas decorations.  I'm more excited this year than I have been in a few years, though, so I'm going to try to do a very thorough job.  I have hosted Christmas Eve for my family every year since hubby and I were married. Until the past two years.  Two years ago we were starting a big remodeling job on the exterior of the house, and things were completely torn apart so my brother and SIL1 hosted.  Then last year it was MOH's first Christmas at his new place and he wanted to host, so two years in a row I haven't done it.  It was very difficult for me.  Both places did a beautiful job, but I'm so happy to have it back at my place.  For me, it's the big show.  But since I didn't host the past couple years, I didn't do a completely thorough job of the decorating.  
It's so on this year.  I have a Christmas Village--one of the Department 56 villages, the North Pole.  It's not a complete collection, but I have a pretty big chunk.  I haven't put it up in two years.  It's a LOT of work to put it up and take it down, and it takes a LOT of space.  I put it up yesterday!  It took me almost the entire day, but it looks so great!  I'd like to be like Lily Tomlin in the Incredible Shrinking Woman and move into it. 

My mom started me collecting these in 1994.  She got my sister, SIL1, and me each a church or chapel from a different village, and we've been slowly adding over the years.  I put my set up on some shelves in my kitchen.  It now fills all my shelves and spills down onto the counter below the shelves.  You can't see the whole thing in the pictures, it looks so cozy!

So I think I'll finish my decorating over the next couple days, and I'll post some more pictures.  I'm determined to spread this holiday cheer (sickness?) to at least some of you!  Happy Decking!




1 comment: