Thursday, November 17, 2011

My Little Prayer for a Little Girl

Today we all need to take a minute to realize how lucky we are and pray for those who are struggling.  There is a little girl in a hospital in Denver with a bleeding disorder of some kind, and I know her family is terribly worried as they try to figure out what's going on.  She is the niece of my MOH, and I would appreciate any prayers for her.

My little family is healthy right now, thank God.  We've had a few bumps in the road--infant asthma, broken collar bone, car accident, broken wrist, and so on.  But we made it through it all, relatively unscarred.  So far so good.  But seeing your babies suffer is just about the worst form of torture there is, and my heart is just hurting for the little girl and her mom, who I've known since she was a little girl.  She is a tough cookie, but stuff like this can bring anyone to their knees.  So I pray out loud, quietly, and now I'm writing it:  Please oh please, God, take care of little Hannah.  Hold her in your arms and keep her safe and strong.  Be the strength her family needs so much right now.  Amen.

And I am powerless.  I live several states away, I can't even bring them a casserole, which is what my Minnesota mind is telling me I should do.  All I can do is text them and wait for updates.  I hate that powerless feeling.  I hope someone is making them a casserole . . .

So that's all I feel like writing today.


No comments:

Post a Comment