Thursday, November 10, 2011

It's Going to be a Jammies Day

Man, it's nice out.  It's chilly, breezy, and there's a few new flakes of snow on the ground, our first of the season.  The air feels crispy.  I love it.

This morning at the end of the driveway, as we were waiting for the school bus, I was watching the kids toss around a football--their normal waiting for the bus ritual.  Not a word about the chilly air, just excitement over the snowflakes on the ground.  I'm raising tough kids.  Minnesota kids.  I'm very proud.

And the chill in the air is just what I needed to be inspired today.  I'm getting my jingle on!  I've already started a bit here and there, but as I've said before, I wanted to be careful since I also have to do the birthday party Sunday.  I can't take it.  I'm just putting it up.  Maybe not all of it, we won't have a tree up, but the majority will be up today.  I'll just decorate for the birthday over it.  It might be hilarious, but very festive!!!  Woo hoo!

Tonight we're going to see Nephew5 in his Veteran's Day program.  I love the little kiddo programs.  There's not really much cuter than that.  But since I have to go out in public, I will have to reserve time in my cleaning/decorating frenzy to shower and get presentable.

It's funny how when you're a stay-at-home mom there's not as much reason to get fixed up.  I don't want to admit the percentage of my days that is spent in jammie pants with no bra.  It's another one of those things that happens as a result of my particular line of work--I put myself last.  So much so that I actually tend to forget about myself.  The priority is to get the kids ready for school, dressed, homework done, driven here and there, meals prepared, house picked up (ahem), laundry done, etc.  There are days that (if I don't have anywhere I need to go that day) I won't get dressed and fixed up until right before kids or hubby come home.  It's not right.  I should try to start waking up an hour before the kiddos so I can shower, have a cup of coffee, and be presentable for my family.  Poor guys.

It's also funny how as I type this I'm sitting here in yoga pants (that I only changed into from my jammie pants so I wouldn't embarrass the boys at the bus stop), hair in a sloppy ponytail, and mascara smudge.  The kids are at school, hubby's at work.  NO reason that I shouldn't go take a shower and get dressed right now.  But I'm going to post this, and right after that I'm sure I'll go make my second cup of coffee, turn on the Christmas music, and start cleaning and decorating.

By the way--I did clean out my fridge the other day.  It's surprising how good it feels to have that done.  And it's a messy job.  Luckily I was wearing jammies when I did it. . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment