Friday, December 9, 2011

Crazytown

My life is insane.  Good insane, but insane!  It's the Christmas season, I know I mention it all the time, but it's my favorite.  I should be busy with all things Christmas.  So what do we do?  Adopt a dog.  I dye my hair a strange brown from a box I got at Target.  Hubby gets spur-of-the-moment Lasik.  Yikes!

It's nutty.  I'm so madly in love with Freddy, so that's all wonderful.  He honestly seems like a perfect dog, so I'm waiting to see what's wrong with him.  So adopting the dog so far is one of the easiest things I've ever done.  Then I decided it was time to dye my hair.

I've been highlighting my hair ever since my wedding, which was the first time I had any sort of treatment on my hair.  I have curly, frustrating hair.  It is (or was in my youth) a dishwater blonde, and would be a completely forgettable head of hair were it not for it's general wildness, curls, and complete disregard for fashion trends.  So for my wedding, I got foil highlights.  It was so much fun, and I was instantly hooked.  So over the next 15 years, I have spent more money than I care to admit trying to make my hair interesting. Highlights, lowlights, whatever, until I completely lost touch with what was my natural color.  Last year I let the roots grow out, and had the stylist try to match my natural color and do an all-over dye job.  I was determined to stop the highlighting.

I found out I am not a blonde anymore!  I don't know if it's age or motherhood, but I am now mousy brown instead of dishwater blonde.  I actually am a brunette.

So I went back to highlighting.  And I was due for another trip to the salon, but I've been pouring money into Christmas shopping and dog adopting, so I decided to go the cheap route and get a box at Target for $8.00.  I dyed it yesterday.  Now it just looks like a strange deep brown with a tinge of red.  Not natural looking, but who's hair is these days?  It is what it is.  Here is a pic of my hair right now (thanks to my Photo booth on my iMac!):

Hubby went to the eye doc last Tuesday on a whim to see if he was a good candidate for Lasik.  As it turns out, he was, they had an opening in a few days, and we took him today!  He's upstairs recovering now, it went well.  Thanks for asking.

So how bizarre.  I feel like I am FLYING BY THE SEAT OF MY PANTS!  I suppose I should be used to this, right?

I need to start wrapping some presents.  I'm still around half done with my shopping, hoping to get some more done on Monday.  It's going to be a great weekend!  Hubby can see now (I wonder if he'll still think I'm cute), I'm going to the Christmas Carol with some of my favorite ladies at a beautiful new theater, and there's still snow on the ground.  And the kiddos get a couple solid days to spend with Freddy.  What could be better?

Fourteen days to Christmas Eve, folks!

1 comment:

  1. I love the fact that your only half done w/ your shopping. Less pressure on the rest of us!

    ReplyDelete