Tuesday, December 20, 2011

A Season of Movies

I stepped away from my blog for a few days.  I didn't feel like I had anything to write, and I don't want this to become a bunch of nonsense.  Plus I've been super busy with last minute Christmas stuff.

The weather is simply not cooperating with us this year.  It is ugly and brown outside, and it's looking like we're not getting a white Christmas this year.  Big bummer.  Where's my snow?

I'm home today, and I'll be cleaning and wrapping.  I'll be watching some movies today.  I'm thinking Love Actually, followed by the Holiday, and if there's time, maybe Christmas Vacation.  Yes, again.  Love Actually is such a great feel-good movie.  If you haven't seen it, you must.  Seriously.  It's THAT good.

My brother and I often get into long conversations about movies, since we have it in common that movies are a favorite pastime, and we get pretty animated about it.  He's the one that told me, years ago, that Love Actually was necessary.  So go watch it if you haven't, and watch it again if you have already.

My Christmas season movie list consists of Love Actually, Elf, The Holiday, The Santa Clause trilogy, Christmas Vacation, A Christmas Story, The Muppet Christmas Carol, the Jim Carey Christmas Carol, Home Alone, Die Hard (I know), Emmett Otter's Jugband Christmas, the Spongebob Christmas Special, The Grinch (old animated one), A Charlie Brown Christmas, and Rudolph.  I have many more, but those are the ones that get watched every year.  How the heck do I get anything done?  But some of them are just on in the background while I'm busy around the house.  But these are necessary parts of my holiday season.

Then, some time during the week between Christmas and New Year's, the kids and I will watch the Lord of the Rings trilogy, all in one day.  And for that, we do nothing else but park in front of the TV and watch,  only getting up to go to the bathroom or get more snacks.  I LOVE IT!  I'm thinking that if we have time, I'd like to add the Harry Potter series to the tradition, but that's like 20 hours of solid movies, so I guess we'll have to see about that.  But I would love it.  My poor husband.

Well, I was going to write a more meaningful post today, but now I have movie fever so I need to get started.  Watch some movies with your families this season, people.  There are some amazing ones to choose from!!!

Four days to Christmas Eve.

No comments:

Post a Comment