Saturday, September 24, 2011

Saturday.

Couch duty last night.  I'm still groggy.  Yesterday was a slow day.  Dad slept almost all day, and we're not sure what to make of that yet.  He's awake now, but we'll see how the day goes.

It's killing me to be missing all my tv shows, people!!!  Thankfully I have my DVR at home, but I will be so behind.  And I can't record everything I want, so I'm not sure what to do.  I might have to break out my dad's laptop and watch some hulu for a fix.  The desktop I use at my parents' place (the one I'm at right now) has no sound.  So tv wouldn't be quite the same...

I get to see my kiddos in a little bit!  SIL3 is going to drop by on her way to take them all to her kids' dentist appointment.  She's very kind, but maybe a bit off her rocker to be willing to do that.  I hope it goes smoothly.  J has a birthday party to go to this afternoon, so that's a fun diversion for him.

It seems so strange that life is going on outside these walls.  Today is Homecoming for my Nephew 1.  He's 15, and he's taking his girlfriend to his first Homecoming dance.  They are pretty excited over there.  I told my brother and SIL1 they better take pictures--I haven't met this girlfriend yet, and I can't wait to see a picture of them.  Nephew 1 is one of the best people I know.  I'm so proud of him (and all my nephews--and niece--) and the way he's growing up.  He's sweet and kind, has endless patience for my kids, and is unafraid to hug his geeky old auntie.  I love him so much, and oddly, it's not making me sad to see him grow up.  I think that's a job left to the mom and grandma.  He was my first baby.  I got to babysit him a lot when he was small, and until I had my own kids, he and eventually his younger brother were my kid fix.  And I had many opportunities for my fix.  I would have them over for whole weekends, pick them up from daycare, take them shopping, and not correct people when they told me what cute kids I had.  It was really fun.  And now that he's 15, I am alarmed at how quickly time flies, but so impressed with him and proud that he is a role model for my kids.  I remember being 15.  I hope he's better at it than I was.  I think he is. 

SIL1 and Nephew 1

So tonight the brother and SIL1 will be taking pictures of him and his date, SIL1 will try not to tear up, and they will do their best to not embarrass him.  Even though I don't think they could.  And Nephew 1 will take the lucky girl out for a night that the both of them will remember forever.  I better hear all about it.  SIL1 I know you're reading this, and you better call me as soon as you drop him off!!! 

I need to go get a cup of coffee.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for picking a picture that emphasizes how much taller he is then me! And yes, I've warned him, pictures are required. And being the great son you describe he is very patient and ready.

    ReplyDelete