Sunday, September 18, 2011

A Little Perspective

Dad's asleep.  I had couch duty last night, and we were up twice in the night so he could go to the bathroom.  Other than that it was quiet.  Very quiet.  And hot.  Very hot.  Now I'm the only one up and I'm sitting in the office where I'm just around the corner from him, and I'm listening to the air compressor for the oxygen machine buzz and pump.  At least it's cooler in here, and I can hear the birds outside.

My three men came over yesterday!!!  It was so great to see them.  J entertained us with card tricks and A entertained us by just being A.  I loved having them here.  And tonight, folks, I'm going home for the night!  I'll be back tomorrow, but I'll be sleeping in my own bed.  Ahhhh.  The only sucky thing is that it's because I have a dentist appointment Monday morning.  But oh well.  I'll take what I can get.

Yesterday morning I wrote an e-mail to the mom of the buddy that A had over Friday night.  I wanted to thank her for letting her boy come over and play and let her know what a good time they had.  I also mentioned the situation with my dad and told her what a good diversion it was for A and for us. 

She wrote back saying that he had a great time and really enjoys A, which warmed my heart.  But then she told me that it was a good diversion for her boy too, because his dad has recently been DEPLOYED AGAIN and so he's always stuck with her and his sisters and aunt.  DEPLOYED.  AGAIN.  People, I hung my head.  Here I am in my little situation, and they have their main man off fighting a war.  Seriously, I was put in my place.  We all have our junk.  This is part of life, what my family is going through.  Everyone goes through it in some way at some time.  But not all of us have our hubby or daddy go off to be a soldier. 

Now that I know the situation, I'm going to try to have the little dude over a lot more often.  If we can be a "diversion" for this kid, we'll do it as much as we can. 

On a lighter note, last night we watched some more episodes of Modern Family--that show is awesome.  If you haven't seen it, get the DVD's from season 1 and start there.  It's like therapy.  We were all busting a gut watching it last night.  And then after everyone went to bed hubby called me to tell me the Saturday Night Live with Justin Timberlake was on last night.  I love him.  So I fell asleep with visions of Justin Timberlake as a dancing bottle of beer last night.  Thanks, hubby.  Then I dreamt about the kids going to school, and I was having to meet with the principal about the fact that I was not involved enough with their education and they were missing all their homework.  It wasn't the real principal in my dream, but I woke up at 2 a.m feeling super guilty.  And hot.  Wonderful.  Good thing I'm going home for a bit today.  My brain is really starting to mess with me.  It could also be the copious amounts of coffee I'm drinking . . . .

1 comment: