Monday, September 26, 2011

A Thank You Note

After a great afternoon and evening with my family, and a good night's sleep in my own bed with my hubby, I am refreshed, restored, and ready to head back to mom and dad's and face the week.

My kids are fine.  I've been so worried about them, feeling like I've been abandoning them, like they miss me too much.  They were super happy to see me, I got a huge cuddle from J, and then five minutes later it was like I was never gone.  I know they need me, but I also know that Hubby's got this all under control.  I really need to try to let that part of my stress go this week, and trust that they're doing just fine, so that I can focus on things with dad.  I think it's going to be a rough week.

So right now I want to make sure I thank all you sweet readers.  I have had so many kind words posted on my facebook, so many offers of support and help, and such an outpouring of caring and love, that I really am touched by all you that are reading my ramblings.  I can't tell you how much it all means to me.  I started this page as just an outlet, a place to dump all the goofy stuff that floats around in my brain.  As things have become more serious with my dad, this has become my therapy and support group.  I am humbled and moved by the words of caring and all the love out there.  Thank you.  And I hope that I will get the chance to thank each and every one of you in person sometime soon.  But just know that I read every single word of support, sometimes many times over, and I pull strength out of those comments.  So thank you thank you thank you.  From the bottom of my heart.

Yesterday we went grocery shopping.  By "we" I mean the kiddos, hubby, and me.  Hubby has not grocery shopped with me in years.  A lot of years.  It was a bit weird and unsettling, but sort of fun.  We filled the kitchen with food for them for the week, easy meals, apples, stuff like that.  I got the laundry done and put away (the putting away part is usually a battle for me, so I did pretty well).  They are all set.  I have a funny feeling that I need to be prepared for a long haul over there.  Sister is there now, so that will be a giant help.  The nurse comes today, so that's all good.  I made it through the day yesterday with no crying.  We'll see how today goes.  But one of my friends posted on my Facebook page something about how crying is good, a healthy release.  And I want to thank you for that!  Because I realize that after both my big meltdowns (so far), I've felt better.  Relaxed, even.  I think it does build up in you until you've just had all you can take, and then you never know what will happen that makes the balloon pop.  So I have to let it go more often.  Maybe a couple tears now and then will be healthier than bawling while driving.  And safer.

We're out of Chex Mix over there.  I wonder if mom made more yet.....

p.s.  I think I'm going to start posting more pics of my dad.  Healthy.  So you all can know who he was then.  And so I can remember him like that instead of focus on what he is going through now.  So here's dad, with Nephew 2, from December 2002.  He is called Papa to them (and to us now too, I guess).

1 comment:

  1. Had a good healthy tear leak yesterday thinking about my Mom and certain regrets. Although this is hard, its great that everyone can be together in one way or another. I don't doubt that is one part of this that makes Papa happy. And comfortable.

    ReplyDelete