Sunday, October 9, 2011

My Costume Quandary

Is there some reason we are stuck in summer?  It's the middle of October, people.  Bring on the cooler air!  I have a house to clean today, and I hope it's not going to be hot in here.  That might make it a bit difficult.

There is a Vikings game today at noon.  I'm hoping to keep cleaning while it's on, and the way Minnesota sports have been lately, that shouldn't be too tough.  It would be nice if they could pull of a win, but unfortunately I don't have high hopes.  I've mentioned before how difficult it is to be a Minnesota sports fan, and that has proven true every week since then.  Really, it's pretty depressing.  Especially if you want to love them, like I do, or have a hubby that lets himself hope.  Sigh.

Another thing on my mind is costumes.  I need my whole family to have a costume by the end of this week for Nephew5's birthday party.  What the heck should we be?  I'll talk to the kiddos today about what they want to do, but I need to come up with something for me and the hubby.  I like to go as something related to current events.  A couple years ago I went as Sarah Palin.  That was fun.  This year A mentioned he would like to be a zombie doctor.  That might not be too tough.  I just asked J and he said he might want to be a magician.  That at least gives me something to work on.  As for hubby and I, it's still up in the air.

Some of the costumes from years past:

A was an elephant for his first Halloween.  He was very excited.




J as a ghost.  I actually made this one.  This and a Dash costume from The Incredibles have been my favorite home-made costumes so far.




A as Scooby Doo.  Again, very excited.

This one was pretty fun.  J as a vampire.  Cute and fashionable.  






A as a Scarecrow.  He has finally figured out that it's fun to dress up.








Let's see, current events, pop culture.  TV shows.  My favorite show right now is Modern Family.  There are no women I could pull off on that show.  So that's out.  Blue Bloods and Hawaii 5-0, nothing there.  Politics?  Ugh.  I am no Michele Bachmann.  Hm.  This could be difficult.  One year a while back we had two ladies come to the party as Martha Stewart in jail.  I thought that was awesome.  The year that Julie and Julie was in the theaters I thought hubby and I could go as Julia Child and her husband, but we didn't.  And now I don't know if it would be as fun.  I think I might just have to go to the store and look for inspiration.  This might be tricky.

Well, it looks nice outside, people.  I think I'll walk down the driveway to get the Sunday paper.  And I'll walk in the grass, not on the driveway, so I can crunch through the leaves.  It's still sort of cool out there so I better get out there before it gets bizarrely and unseasonably hot.  The leaves are beautiful today, so I think you should all get outside today.  Take some pictures.  I'm going to smell the leaves, get my paper, and come in for coffee and my Target ad.  Then I'm plugging in my iPod and getting busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment